Friday, December 11, 2009

Onions

Goodness- the tenth of December and nary a blog from our daring heroine. What on earth could have happpened?

Could it be a marvelous combination of overbooking and idiocy? That is a distinct possibility.

I'm on a plane to Florida right now. This is super exciting for a few reasons. One - winter has set in up North with the kind of fevered zeal that got the Crusades kicked off. Two - I'm not in first class, but I am in an exit row and someone has stolen the seat in front of me. Hello leg room! Three - I'm interviewing tomorrow.

One tiny little flaw in my day. The man sitting next to me apparently bathes in onion juice. It is possible that he also uses onion toothpaste.

He wants to chat.

So I've resorted to answering questions in monosyllables and holding my breath. I'm also wearing headphones even though I'm not listening to my iPod in hopes that he will give up and turn his pungent attention to the guy on his right.

Back-up plan: ask overly personal questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment