Monday, February 8, 2010

Just looking for the pharmacy

I miss my patients today.

Taking this year off to get my masters degree has been fabulous ~ I've gotten to cook and play and hang out with my family.  I've finally caught up on my sleep. Although that will go straight back out the window come July, I appreciate every single day that I get to snuggle under my pierzyna, sip steaming hot tea, and watch snowflakes fall outside my bedroom window.

I miss my patients today though. They make me laugh and make me cry.  They infuriate me, and they break my heart.  I'm bored without them.

Once last spring I was rounding with my attending, and a healthy looking man approached us.  He had a prescription in his hand.

"I'm looking to get this filled doc."

My attending took it and gave it a quick once over.  He handed it to me to read then gave it back to the gentleman.  "The pharmacy is on the second floor."

The guy happily headed toward the elevators.

Through his laughter my attending told me, "The pharmacist will know exactly what to do with him.  On to the next patient."

The script had read:  "MOFEEN   1 lb."


*We warned the pharmacy. The script was confiscated and destroyed.  I do not know what became of the gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment