Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Adventures in Puppydom


Our house became a little more crowded this week. No, I didn't buy more clothes (though that would also have been a lovely way to spend the weekend.) We have a new puppy ~ Artemis. Artemis was the Greek goddess of hunting. I'm beginning to think we should have called her Ate (ah-tay)- the goddess of mischief.

I have learned a very important lesson after five sleepless nights. I am not ready to have children.

Pup is a bit more than a handful. More like a ten gallon bucketful. Miller, my lab, was easier; he was dumb. I'm pretty sure pup has an IQ to rival most MENSA members. She has figured out how to open both of the childproof trash cans, can unravel a roll of toilet paper in the exact time it takes me to put in my contacts, and today discovered how to turn on the TV. The talking people scared her, so she immediately set to protecting us by barking her head off. She loves to steal my Coke but is less interested in DH's Mountain Dew. Good taste. She is now working on opening the fridge.

I give her three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment