Sunday, April 26, 2009

Howdy Neighbor

Woke up at 6:00 this morning (hooray for sleeping in!) to take Pup outside. She did her business promptly, and we came back inside. I padded to the bathroom, and shed my pajama pants on the way in preparation for a nice hot shower.

So there I was at the sink. Barefoot. Tank top and panties. Glasses off - in their case in the bedroom. One contact in when pup starts whining. I close my contact-less eye and squint at her. She makes eye contact and then starts to pee. Crap!!!

I scoop her up and race down the stairs. Shove open the screen door, run outside, and dump her on the grass. She barks happily and finishes doing her thing. I praise her extravagantly, and we head back to the apartment.

It is at this point I note my next-door neighbor standing right outside his door. My male, very conservative, Muslim, interventional neurologist neighbor.

Pup runs to him and wags her tail. I walk by, head high, and say good morning.

We have to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment