Friday, April 1, 2011

The Bed

My friend Cory's family has an amazing log cabin in the North that makes my heart melt a little bit.  It's rugged, beautiful, challenging to get to, and pretty much everything a girl could ever want in a Northern woods cabin.  It's on a darling little island and to get there you have to canoe or ski depending on the season.  It's like heaven on earth.  

It also has a enormous screened porch that wraps around two sides of the cabin giving you a wonderful view of the lake sunsets and sunrises.  On one side of the porch is one of the dining tables.  On the other side is a bed.  It's not just any bed.  It's a hanging bed.  

I heart this bed. 


This green bed is not Cory's bed; it's from Lowe's.  Cory's bed is much more minimalist with white bedding, thick chains, and no seashell headboard.  The first time I saw The Bed I was very skeptical.  Who sleeps on a swinging bed?  Don't you get motion sick?  What if you fell out?

Then I slept in The Bed. 

Now one of my goals in life is to have a house that has a porch with my own version of The Bed.  Why settle for beds with legs that touch the ground? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment