Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clean or full..

DH has been incredibly supportive during this first month of my residency.  He makes me dinner when I forget to eat, makes sure I have tea to drink in the mornings, and sets out car keys for me every night.  He forgives my ridiculous work hours, tucks me in bed at ridiculously early times, and makes sure all the bills get paid.  I have no idea how people survive residency without someone like him in their corner.

Still he is sometimes left speechless by my ridiculousness.

A couple of nights ago I had just made it home at the end of my third eighteen hour day.  I knew I had to be up again at four the next morning.  I was exhausted and starving because I hadn't eaten yet that day.  I also smelled like the hospital.  I was faced with choosing food or showering.

Which is how DH came to find me in the shower.

Eating angel food cake.

Which, judging by his reaction, is not something normal people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment