Thursday, July 8, 2010

Seriously?

Mr. Re-pete:  I came in because I'm having an allergic reaction.  I have hives all over, I'm itchy, and I can't breathe good.

Me:  Do you know what you're allergic to?

Mr. Re-pete:  Yeah, it's something in a Taco Bell Burrito Supreme. I know because I had the same reaction the last two times I ate one.  I came in here and they gave me a shot, then they gave me a pen to use the next time I had a reaction.

Me: An epi pen?  For the reaction? 

Mr. Re-pete:  Yeah, that's it. I used it already.

Me:  Okay.  When was the last time you had a burrito supreme before today?

Mr. Re-pete:  Yesterday, and the day before that.

Me: You ate a burrito supreme every day the past three days AND had a severe allergic reaction that required shots of epinephrine all three days?

Mr. Re-pete:  Yeah.  I want to make sure that's what it is, so I keep going back and ordering the same thing to double check.


No comments:

Post a Comment