Monday, March 28, 2011

Sacrifices

Residency, you win.

DH and I are heading our separate ways.  He's a wonderful man, and we both care about each other a lot.  So while we still like each other and have not resorted to quarreling over spatulas, we're parting amicably.

He's going to go on to do wonderful things - probably get his PhD, teach, move to Alaska, grow a beard.  Well, maybe not a full beard.  He does have some areas that refuse to grow facial hair.  Maybe grow a partial beard.  He's a fantastic man, and I wish him all the best.

Me?

I'm going to continue residency.  As he is fond of telling me, I married my job, and I make a terrible bigamist.

So it looks like it's just you and me, Residency.  Take your shoes off at the door.  I just scrubbed the floors and don't want you tracking blood everywhere.