Wednesday, June 3, 2009

18 times!

I started golfing just a few years ago. I haven't made it out very often since then because of my schedule and the ridiculous amount of winter they have in this state. Seriously, who needs seven months of snow? It freaking snowed yesterday up North. There is a frost warning tonight. It's June. Why do people live here?

I digress.

Every spring I pull out my clubs, my cute golf outfits, and matching golf shoes and tackle the executive par 3 course just north of us. (I feel like such a tool when I say that.) Every year I am disappointed in myself. It's a par 3 for goodness sake. I secretly think that my golf balls have been aqua-magnetized. They always go in the water. Always. Puddle, lake, pond, soggy fairway, moat around the sand castles - my ball will find it. You could dig wells based on where my ball lands.

This year was different. I have scored more named holes this year than I ever have. Double bogey - check. Bogey - check. Par - almost (see bogey). I haven't broken the water curse yet, but I have hope. I also have a secret plan to avoid all holes with water. Beverage cart, anyone?

P.S. Robin Williams does a sketch I think perfectly captures the spirit of golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment