Friday, June 12, 2009

Somebody, slap me

Today I washed my hair with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner before I took my pampered puppy to the neighborhood dog park. We came home to our apartment in a restored early twentieth century home. I mopped the floors with environmentally friendly lemon oil soap, took out the recycling, and then composted the odds and ends from the veggies I was using to make dinner. Used my ridiculously expensive mixer and garlic press.

I cut fresh flowers from our front yard and weeded the garden some. I walked pup to the local grocery co-op to pick up marzipan - organic because it was all they had. Sampled local fruit and cheeses, then walked back home. Ironed a table runner and table cloth for dinner tonight.

Converted recipe measurements from metric to American because the recipe came from a friend in Germany. (Thanks, Shara!) Made homemade cake, ice cream, and coulis.

I was such a citified yuppie jerk today that I kind of wanted to punch myself. I wouldn't even have taken offense if someone else had done it for me. I totally had it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment