Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Free at last

Most of my loyal (and disloyal but still interested) readers know that I have had a long standing disagreement with a branch of the U.S. military. They thought I looked nice in camouflage and combat boots. I thought I was more of a stiletto and wrap dress kind of girl. I like to wear my hair down and curly. They liked my hair tidy and tucked up in a bun. The list continues.

Monday at 3 p.m. central standard time we had a mutual break-up. It was a little more mutual on my part than theirs, but most break-ups are. We are headed down separate roads ne'er to cross paths again if fate is done messing with me. No more combat boots. No more spit polish (though to be honest, there wasn't much of that to begin with. The secret to shiny boots is regular shoe polish, a cigarette lighter, and a buffing cloth. Spit not required, thank God.) No more camo unless it's ironic or Halloween.

It was such a cordial breakup they're even giving me an honorable discharge as a parting gift. Isn't that thoughtful?

1 comment:

  1. okay, this makes no sense to me, so obviously I've missed something...

    ReplyDelete