Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Apple of my eye, pain in my tush

While the title of this post could easily be referring to my pup as she is a constant delight and headache, it is not.

My laptop finally fired up its last microchip, choked on a gigabyte, and went to meet the great microprocessor in the sky. (I obviously don't know squat about computers so forgive the terminology.) DH is a Mac guy and wanted our next computer to be white with partially eaten fruit on the cover. Thus, I learned today that Apple is like a cult, only the people are hipper and slightly more fanatical. I don't really care one way or the other which is not a safe thing to say in an Apple store. I thought they would strap me down and force feed me the Kool-Aid on the spot. Because I don't care and DH does, I am now the indifferent owner of a MacBook Pro.

I have no idea what the Pro stands for, but it costs extra. I do like the backlit keys. It really saves my eyes while I'm typing these posts in the dark trying not to keep DH awake. On the other hand, I have no idea how to use the stinking thing. I refused to pay the $99 to be taught how to use the computer, so I just spent ten minutes figuring out how to copy text. I'm not sure how to right click as the mouse has no buttons. Things keep bouncing at me for no apparently good reason, and the "i" in front of all the applications is getting annoying. I get it. You're cool.

Maybe I will become a convert eventually. For now, this thing should be glad that it's pretty. My love of pretty things is all that is saving it from annihilation.

1 comment:

  1. You know Douglas Adams swore by Mac.

    Still, Mac is just as evil as Microsoft. You could've stuck with what you knew and not have to learn a new setup and you'd still be giving money to an evil empire. :)

    ReplyDelete