Friday, March 13, 2009

Another beautiful rainy day in Prague. It has been sunny one morning since I arrived. Spring will come soon, I'm sure.

Had a rather rough start to my day. Fell out of bed an hour before my alarm was supposed to go off. You're supposed to be mostly immobile during REM sleep, but I don't think my brain is aware of this fact.

Didn't pull the shower door all the way closed and caused a minor flood in the bathroom. Oops. Broke the top off of my mousse, so I now have fuzzy hair. Sigh.

Tripped and fell in a puddle on my way to the metro. Skinned my knee a bit.

Hospital was good today. Lecture about rheumatoid arthritis, clinic. Had a half liter in the hospital bar afterwards with the other students. Today is their last day - they have next week off to study for exams.

Went to St. James church this afternoon- couldn't get inside though because they are cleaning for Easter. It's the second longest church in Prague, historically linked with the city's butchers. More interestingly, it has a decomposed arm hanging inside above the door. The story is that a thief in the 16th century tried to take the jewels off the Madonna at the altar. The Madonna grabbed his arm and wouldn't let go. The butchers cut it off the next day. It's been hanging in the church since. It's an oddity now, but can you imagine the people that had to go to Mass when it was new? Ick.

I'm calling a mulligan for today. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment