Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Day

I love the new hotel. I'm sure some of it is reactionary from the horror of the last place, but I don't care. I even have a bathtub! The breakfast is fantastic - cheeses, meats, cereal, kolacs, chocolate, rolls, yogurt. My husband obviously has great taste. I am becoming addicted to kolacs. This spells trouble for my clothes fitting.

Today, I loved Prague. It was partly sunny and snowing this morning when I left. Hospital was okay. I went to St. Vitus' Cathedral this afternoon. The sun coming through the stained glass windows was stunning. It was like being inside of a drafty kalidescope. Watched the changing of the guards, peeked through the arrow slots at the castle, strolled down St. Charles bridge. I was listening to my friend Brad's podcast and squeaked rather loudly when he mentioned James and I. It startled the people and pigeons around me a bit. They looked a little stuffy to begin with, so it probably did them good.

Found a cluttered little store stuffed with Art Deco statues, vases, farm tools, jewelry, coffee sets, watches, and oodles of other stuff. The owner and I had green tea in Bohemian crystal mugs and discussed what the world was coming to. Prayed in St. Nicholas' cathedral and saw the crypt of the astronomer who died of a bladder rupture. (He had one pilsner too many and didn't want to offend his host by leaving the table to go to the bathroom. I think he could have just wet his pants.)

Stopped at Starbucks to warm up - try not to judge me; they have free wifi. Caught a tram back to the hotel. It's cold now and snowing, so I think I'll stay in for the evening. Not an exciting day, by any means. It was lovely though.

No comments:

Post a Comment