Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lost, International

Slept in this morning until 9, which I think is 2 am back home. I'm convinced that thinking about the time difference will drive me crazy, so no more of that. Breakfast was kolacs and cream- very good.

Headed out to buy my month metro pass, got lost, found out nothing was open on Sunday including metro pass selling kiosks, got more lost, wound up in Stare Mesto. Saw the astronomical clock put on its show. I think it says a lot about the history of Praha that one of the evil people on the clock is a Jew (now beardless to be more culturally sensitive). The clock is beautiful though, and the buildings here are amazing.

The manners still leave a bit to be desired, but I have no doubt I will eventually win someone over. It will be a domino effect - bringing down grumpiness one Central European country at a time!

On another note, all of the websites are in Czech- including Gmail, Facebook, and Google. This posed a bit of a challenge when I was attempting to chat with DH.

Tomorrow is my first day in the hospital. Wish me luck...and a spare Babel fish if anyone has one. Habla ingles anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment